IPC Designer Certification Program
CID (Certified Interconnect Designer-basic) and CID+ (advanced)
This professional development program provides objective evaluation of core competencies in PCB design, based upon industry standards rather than specifications of just one company. Courses enhance and assess technical knowledge: how to transform an electrical circuit description into a PCB design that can be manufactured, assembled and tested.
CID (Certified Interconnect Designer-Basic) and CID+ (Advanced) are valuable professional credentials recognized throughout the electronics industry. This technical education holds the most benefit for PCB designers with at least 2 years of hands-on experience. Because Designer Certification builds a foundation in design decision-making and practical application of IPC standards, the program is open to all engineering staff and managers with interest in design: Sales, Purchasing, R&D, Quality, Test.
CID is required before registration for a CID+ session.
CID and CID+ sessions include:
- Independent study of course materials prior to session
- Two full days of classroom instruction led by an IPC-qualified instructor
- Exam with 100+ multiple-choice questions — score of 73% or better required for Certified status
- Students are expected to be familiar with course materials PRIOR to class
- Course materials will be sent when registration is confirmed
- REGISTER NOW to allow for shipping and study time — at least three weeks before class
Designer Certification Registration Fee includes:
- All course materials
- Two full days of classroom instruction, led by an IPC-qualified Instructor
- Exam session and individual consultation with Instructor
- Verification of Certified status — Visit www.ipc.org/List-of-Certified-Designers
There is NO need to purchase any documents separately
The two-day classroom instruction portion of the course usually begins at 8:30 am and concludes at 5:00 pm each day, with check-in starting at 8:00 am on the first day. Exam is usually administered on the third day, concluding by early afternoon.
Cancellations for registrations will not be refunded once materials have shipped. Students may work with their training center to transfer to another session.
CID course materials:
- IPC-2221, Standard on Printed Board Design
- IPC-2222, Sectional Standard on Rigid Organic Printed Boards
- IPC-DRM-18, Desktop Reference Manual for Components
- CID Study Guide, provides of framework for application of IPC standards in design decision-making
CID+ course materials:
- Study guide for CID+
- CID course materials will also be referenced
To learn more about how the IPC Designer Certification Program can help you and your organization, contact the Manager of Design Programs at +1 847-597-2827 or by e-mail: email@example.com.